Hello, fellow BnS players ! I'm a modder for about 2 years now & I want lớn chia sẻ my experience with 3d modeling and modding. This tutorial will tell you everything step by step without knowing anything about 3d design ! There is also full Blender tutorial so anyone can follow. Good luông chồng & enjoy ! :)You won't be banned for modding. It only replaces your files which means no one knows you have different skins etc. I was using this method on công nhân và EU servers for over 3 years with my main accounts. No one ever noticed. :)Cheông xã my videos lớn see the mods in the game: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEWnu8O5wunvnAS4twL5ZoQ/videosMy tutorial was well known on Blade and Soul Dojo which sadly will be closed in december so I'm uploading it here... http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/forums/topic/191117-advanced-3d-modeling-and-modding-tutorial-from-zero-to-fully-customized-playable-character/Please, before you bình luận read this: 1. People asked me thousands of questions already answered in the tutorial. I'm really tired of people who didn't even bother reading it yet they want something done. Tutorial explains everything you need so I won't answer questions like "How to make this dress transparent" or "How khổng lồ export animations và meshes" etc. 2. I don't take requests anymore. There are many topics on the mạng internet for this.3. Many people succesfully created their own mods based on my tutorial so It seems it's explained well enough. If something don't work for you, try lớn kiểm tra if everything was done according to describtions.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PREPARATIONS: DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL – BnS Mod Tool, Umodel, UPK Manager,Hex Workshow, Blender or Maya + PSK. plugin, Gimp or Photosiêu thị (google it & make it work)1. SEARCHING FOR DESIRED CHARACTER If you already decided that you want khổng lồ play Blade & Soul as your favourite character, thenyou need to lớn find some pictures from the mạng internet with good quality and resolution. I reccomkết thúc toget references which are neccesary to paint your character way faster. I always use 2 orthogonalimages of front và back side of the toàn thân. Pictures shown below can be easily painted on 3d modelwith ortogonal view enabled. You will see very soon how fast & easy it is.
Bạn đang xem: Bladesoultool/readme
2. FINDING APPROPRIATE 3D MODEL Second step requires decent knowledge about the items from the game. We need lớn find anoutfit with the Mã Sản Phẩm similar to lớn our character references. The best way khổng lồ know which items tochoose is lớn open some uvõ thuật. viewer lượt thích BnS Mod Tool by Jonathan. Just set the 'Race” and „Typeof item” in the program, then check all the available models và compare them with your character.It's important to look for potencial cuts in the Mã Sản Phẩm. What I mean by that is lớn see how many„layers” of polygons the mã sản phẩm has. For example the one shown below which I used for the Saberfrom Fate Zero is full of stripes & baggy parts of the outfit. Those elements are what I hotline „layer2”. Layer 2 can be easily modified to lớn create different shapes. Layer 1 is the main body. If you cutlayer 1 in 3D software, you will have a holes in your character. It's mainly the whole body toàn thân skin andsome parts of the clothing. The Model is lượt thích a blown easter egg. You don't want lớn see what'sinside. Only decoration matters. (Keep note: Outfits can't be combined with other outfits set as e.ghead thành công. The game will crush a lot.) If you intkết thúc to create realistic face, standard character customization fails no matter howhard you try. For this issue the best way is khổng lồ find face mask similar khổng lồ the one is the pictures. The last thing is a weapon. Look for the icons with special effects lớn get nicer look. It's noteasy to find a Mã Sản Phẩm matching desired look but all the special effects kind of compensate it.
3. GETTING EDITABLE FILES After chosing the items it's time khổng lồ make them editable in 2D & 3D software. Copy thenumbers of every tòa tháp you consider worth remaking from BnS Mod Tool or any other ukungfu. viewer.Use any text editor khổng lồ save sầu the uhành động. numbers & make some adnotations describing the items:"skeleton": "00020504","texture": "00020502","material": "00020503","col1Material": "00020503","col": "col1","core": "040080_JinF","code": "040080","race": "JinF","pic": "Attach_040080_JinM_col1.png" Geisha Mask Open UModel & wait for it lớn load all the upk. game files (3-10 min. of empty blackconsole sometimes...) Now when the files are loaded use the „filter” lớn find your files. You need„skeleton” và „texture”. According to numbers typed here, the files for Geisha Mask we need are00020504 và 00020502. Copy+Paste them in the filter. The file you need will pop up in the table.Select it & cliông chồng „export”. Now you will have sầu the folder named „UmodelExport” with the filesyou have just exported. It should be in the program folder or \BnS\contents\bns . The softwareconverted „texture” lớn tga. format và „skeleton” to psk. format from Unreal Development Kit(uchiến tranh., udk.) files. Now we can cthảm bại Umodel but don't be hasty. Remember it takes ages khổng lồ load it.Make sure you have sầu all the wanted files exported. Save sầu the numbers obtained from BnS Mod tool.We will need it later.
4. IMPORTING AND EDITING This is easily the most time consuming and chalengable part of the tutorial. We will startwith opening 3 chiều software with installed psk. plugin. In my case, it going lớn be không tính tiền software calledBlender. I can't teach you how khổng lồ use it at full scale with just one simple tutorial but I will use onlyfew simple techniques lớn create the whole character. Hopefully it's going to be easy for you khổng lồ copyall the steps without any knowledge about 3D thiết kế. I used very limited ammount of skills needed lớn learn. I followed my steps khổng lồ check if Ididn't make any mistakes while writeing the instructions. Just follow the red circles và describtionslớn learn everything you need to lớn create good looking character.Right Clichồng to enlarge the pictures.
5. QUICK UV MAPPING Compared khổng lồ previous part, this one is super fast. We just need khổng lồ open our custom diffusetexture và make few changes lớn create a phối of textures interacting with the game's graphic engine.There are 4 main types of textures:- diffuse map (standard texture with painted details & colors)- normal maps (bump effect, faking 3D shapes by reflecting the lighting on certain parts of thediffuse texture)- specular maps (also known as reflection bản đồ, bright parts of the texture reflect more lighting)- emission maps (texture create it's own light source, bright parts of the texture produce strongeremission) There are other UV maps but those are used to create additional details. Specular maps haveusually green và blue colors used khổng lồ define the power of reflection. However, many of them havered parts used for character's skin to match the brightness and color of your BnS character. The onlypart of the character's body which really have the skin color you have sầu chosen in the startingcharacter customization is the face. For example, you can make an outfit with your specular maps allred và you will kết thúc up having super bright diffuse texture with a pale,trắng skin character andsuper dark outfit with a dark skin character. In order to lớn create full basic set of UV textures open your diffuse bản đồ with Gimp, Photoshopor any other 2D software then vị the following:1) Diffuse map (D)Your custom texture has a lot of bright green parts used lớn determine which polygons should be cut.Now you just need khổng lồ „select by color” khổng lồ select all the parts with this color. Then just delete it tomake it transparent. Make sure to clean up the texture from the green egdes if something didn'tselect properly. Export texture with File > Export as > choose thư mục & format (tga. or png.)2) Specular map (S)Keep the diffuse bản đồ open. Now colorize the whole texture to be all green or light blue. Adjustsome contrast to make dark parts less reflective and light parts more reflective sầu. Look at the imagebelow. You can see that the neông xã of outfit's specular map is red. It means the brightness will scale onthis part depending on the skin color your character has. Export as png. or tga.3) Emission maps (E) – You can make weapon emit any color you want. I painted it as yellow/purple4) Normal map (N) – Put your diffuse maps to any online converter. Customize your settings. Save sầu.
6. EXPORTING TEXTURES INTO THE GAME The artistic part is finally over. It's time khổng lồ rebuild the game files with our custom textures.Open UPK manager. Let it load game files. Choose „Show files in type” > „Texture 2d”. Look forthe texture numbers in the filter on the lower window (from the text tệp tin you made based on BnSMod Tool ). Tiông xã the uvõ thuật. numbers và File > Export Selected Files. This process will createcustom thư mục for all your modded textures. You will see the files inside the folder with dds. format(actual format of textures used in game). This folder can be saved anywhere on the disc. xuất hiện the thư mục with all customized UV textures and compare them with the UPK manager'sexport thư mục. See if you have the same number and type of textures as the original files. If you seesome additional files then create some empty, transparent textures khổng lồ prevent the effect of originaltextures on custom ones. You can't just delete them from the folder. Blade and soul will crush thisway or it will try to lớn rebuild missing files. Name your files the exact same way they are named in the UPK Manager's export folderwith dds. fomat. Upload all your custom UV textures in any DDS. online converter. Make sure to lớn phối theconvertion settings supporting alfa chanels (DXT4 or DXT5). Don't mix it to R8G8B8 etc. You willkết thúc up getting all the item's cut parts White or black instead of transparent. Copy your custom, converted dds. textures & paste them in the UPK Manager's exportthư mục. It will ask you if you want to replace few files. Make sure it's the number of textures insidethe folder you want lớn replace. Otherwise, you probably called them wrong or they aren't dds. files. The last step is to lớn create a new upk. tệp tin in BnS\contents\bns\CookedPC\thủ thuật. UPK Managerwill vì chưng it automatically if you go lớn „Rebuild” tab>tìm kiếm for bns/CookedPC>tiông chồng the uchiến tranh. numberswith replaced textures>”Rebuild”(near Edit và Settings)>Rebuild Selected ExportsDONE ! Your custom character is already in the game ! Now it's only a matter of having replaceditems in the game or having any outfit, head và adorment to see if it worked as intended.7. REPLACING CHOSEN ITEMS For the last step I don't reccomover using BnS Mod Tool. It's very good at replacing outfitsbut the adorments and head items are bugged very often. With older versions of the program youcan't replace weapons. We will use Hex Workcửa hàng in order to vì it. Go to ...\BnS\contents\bns\CookedPC & find the uđại chiến. files of original outfits you want toreplace with your custom textures. We already have sầu them in the text file created at the beggining ofthe tutorial. Copy uhành động. of „material” & „skeleton” to a new folder (Điện thoại tư vấn it HexEditMods orsomething). Save sầu this folder on the pulpit or other place. Use BnS Mod tool to lớn search for numbersof items you want to swap. For this tutorial we will use JIN FEMALE Training Weapon (lvl 1),Stalker's Head and Stalker's Outfit (lvl.6, first trùm, items drop easily from Wheel of Fate).For my outfit the numbers are – 00008206.uđại chiến (skeleton) and 00008205.uđại chiến (material)For my head the numbers are - 00020504.uvõ thuật (skeleton) và 00020503.uchiến đấu (material)Rename the „skeleton” and „material” with the name of ukungfu. files belonging to items you havealready in game. (in this case – Stalker's Head & Stalker's Outfit)For Geisha Mask (and now our character's head) khổng lồ replace Stalker's Head I renamed:skeleton: 00020504.upk to lớn 00012184.upkmaterial: 00020503.uđại chiến. khổng lồ 00019135.upkFor baggy, dark blue outfit khổng lồ replace Stalker's Outfit I renamed:skeleton: 00008206.uchiến đấu khổng lồ 00012176.upkmaterial: 00008205.uđánh nhau. lớn 00012175.uchiến tranh mở cửa copied skeleton uchiến tranh. file from custom thư mục with RMB > „Hex edit with Hex Workshop”Now do the following:
Repeat those steps for every sản phẩm you want. It doesn't matter if it's a weapon, head, outfit oradorment. Don't try to lớn replace Jin Female's items with other races's items. It will end up crushingthe game. Sometimes replacing col.mat with other col.mat doesn't work. You can try mat. instead.Now just put hex edited items in ...\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC\modIf you don't have „mod” folder just create it manually in this directory.DON'T PUT IT IN ...\BnS\contents\bns\CookedPCYou should also kiểm tra if your programs created „mod” folder in the right direction. If not, cut themvà paste them here ...\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC\modYou may eventually end up getting error this way - „Unautorized thư mục was found in the CookedPCfolder”. It will still work fine but it's quite annoying to lớn cliông xã „Ok” for every thủ thuật you put into lớn thegame &... I have plenty of them.DONE ! The items are already in the game !Note: I tried lớn merge 2 outfits to lớn make cutom 3D Mã Sản Phẩm và replace one of them for adorment. Thesecond outfit just didn't show up in the game yet it was crushing every 2 minutes. The reason ithappover is because the physics node from Unreal Engine is trying to lớn simulate 2 items with meshcollision mix lớn „bloông chồng all”. 2 spawned outfits in the same place are glitching with each other makingunwanted log outputs.8. PLAYING ! Finally we ended the whole process of creating custom character. You can now launch Blade andSoul và see if everything is working. It's also the best way to lớn kiểm tra if our character is madeproperly. Sometimes there is too much bump, reflection, emission or the whole shaders are broken.If you followed the tutorial without any mistakes it should look just fine. I gave sầu you the exact filesused by my Saber from Fate Zero so you have a proof it can be done.Have fun playing your custom characters ! :)9. FAQ ABOUT MODDINGTOP 1 question: Can I import meshes, edit them, export them inlớn the game ?You can import meshes and edit them. You can edit bones for animations and open game animations in any 3d software with psk. plugin support. Exporting it back is possible but it won't work for more than 3s... First problem is very similar lớn merging 2 existing outfits with each other and replacing the second one with head or adorment. The items will glitch with each other & crash the game after 1-2 minutes. It's because the collision of the models is mix lớn "bloông xã all" and Unreal Engine will end up with negative log outputs making the game crush.I've sầu tried merging my custom model with existing bones & make Weight Paint lớn make BnS animations natural (not to fly around the globe...) with my models. I couldn't export them bachồng inlớn uvõ thuật. with any available modding software but I did it manually using Unreal Development Kit & exporting it as upk. It just crashes every time no matter the settings. The other problem is that one upk. file of skeletal mesh includes about 20-30 files of UDK physics related lớn each other. Character itself is not affected by basic physics but the outfits are. Let's say you somehow made the model to lớn work with BnS. The character is still affected by physics và it has a lot of settings about: what lớn overlap, what to block, what's basic collision geometry for the Model etc. If my game was able to handle it without crushing, my character would just fall into lớn abyss through other meshes. The last thing I can think of is the number of polygons of your custom mã sản phẩm. If it was too big the game would crush after few seconds. I don't think anyone currently can handle this topic... But I don't really care anymore. I was able lớn create any character I wanted with my methods. The library of BnS is big enough khổng lồ create any humanoid character if you just put your imagination inlớn this. Edit 18.10.2017: Forget about exporting meshes into lớn the game. Unreal Development Kit is no longer supported by Epic Games. Games lượt thích Smite or Bns use their own private developers. Even Unreal 4 can't make proper uđại chiến. files for UDK Engine. Downloadable versions of this engine are outdated and create corrupted files no matter which version you use.