Ah, yes. My favorite client-crashing error is back. Only this time, it doesn"t seem like turning my graphics all the way down helps any; I"ve had the game crash several times even after this method of "fix." I had this error a lot during CBT2 and was very politely vehement about it. I finally caved and used the last of my holiday money to buy a Founder"s Pack out of sheer hype, only to have this stupid error rear its ugly head at me again for Head Start.
For background - whenever I try to load into the Bandit"s Hideout instance, the game starts to run really huge (going from 1.1k MB to 1.6k+, the largest it got was almost 2k MB) then eventually crashes with this error:
Before, turning my graphics to the bare minimum worked out decently enough (I crashed while loading into several other, different instances) but this time it doesn"t seem to wanna work at all. I was invited to play CBT3 and the error was completely absent, and I was able to play on the highest graphics just fine (albeit with awful load times lol).So... why is this error back?Some more info:Yes, my drivers are up to date. I check them once or twice a week and FFXIV doesn"t like opening the game at all on my laptop unless they are.I have the space RAM-wise to run the game just fine. I have 8GB.A dxdiag copypasta can be found here for hardware references.
Some failed fixes: (Credits to Shaddarius, post here!)
"1. Reinstalling\fixing game. Fixing via Fix in launcher. (win 7\8\8.1\10, same x86 and x64 for all)
2. Reinstalling windows (win 7\8\8.1\10, same x86 and x64 for all).
3. Forwarding ports and disabling firewalls. Had a dedicated linux router catching all failed to deliver packets. Ofc router was just a sniffer to overview the trafic. The trafic itself was transparently forwarded to the pc. As an experiment tried to fake white ip on machine, forwarding to inner network, ovpn and ssh tunneling to 3 different servers (DE, NL, FR) in mixes. Ofc inner firewall was disabled correctly via service and regedit with no hidden blocking (tested on router).
4. Graphics tricks - such as lowering graphics, window modes, changing video cards even (i was really bored =) ) (gtx 970, gtx 980, R9 295) with old and new sets of drivers clean installs via devmgmt and setup with driver software.
5. Tricks with tcp ack, delaying responses (in case game server has adaptive delay). Some of tricks caused the game protection to alarm but most of them worked, yet with no success.
6. The last stage of my desperation was trying to launch the game from dedicated servers from EU (same DE, NL, FR) with same no success."Edited January 16, 2016 by TshofeloAdded Shaddarius's list of trial and error fixes.